Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration
IOM is currently implementing an Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration programme that targets migrants in Luxembourg wishing to return home voluntarily. This programme is supported by the Government of Luxembourg and by the European Commission (Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund, AMIF).
It is intended for three main categories of migrants:
- Asylum seekers whose asylum applications have been rejected
- Asylum seekers who have withdrawn their asylum applications
- Irregular migrants who have lived in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg without having claimed for asylum
Through the programme, IOM also aims to assist vulnerable groups including unaccompanied minors, victims of trafficking, single parents, pregnant women, elderly people and persons with serious medical needs.
In Luxembourg, IOM collaborates with a network of partners including several NGOs such as the Red Cross, Caritas, CLAE, and ASTI. Through this network, migrants are able to receive information about the voluntary return scheme and the opportunity to reintegrate back into their countries of origin.
Depending on the individual needs and opportunities available in the country of origin, the AVRRL Programme provides the following services:
- Information on the criteria to access the AVRRL Programme
- Information on the country of origin (health care, housing, education, employment, economical situation, transportation, telecommunications etc.)
- Assistance in obtaining a valid travel document
- Assistance in the transportation from the airport of Luxembourg to the migrant’s home town in the country of origin
- Direct financial assistance
- Medical assistance
- Assistance upon departure (and, if need be, in transit and upon arrival)
- Tailored reintegration support in the country of origin
IOM office in Luxembourg : Rue de la Fonderie 13, 1531 Luxembourg