MATCH - HIRING AFRICAN TALENTS
Helping your company to acquire new skills for the future
MATCH is a 36‑month initiative funded by the European Union (EU) aimed at providing highly skilled talents to private sector companies whose needs for qualified staff cannot be satisfied by the offer available on the EU labour market.
By joining MATCH, companies from Belgium, Italy, The Netherlands and Luxembourg will be supported with the sourcing and recruiting of African talents from Senegal and Nigeria, two countries offering a surplus of qualified professionals. In addition to the job placements, MATCH will also implement complementary activities such as skills development, capacity building and knowledge sharing between the participating EU and African countries.
In Belgium, this initiative will benefit from the support of Voka West-Flanders, Voka East‑Flanders, VDAB and Agoria. In Luxembourg, MATCH will be supported by IMS - Inspiring More Sustainability.
I am interested, how do I join?
We will first listen to your needs. Fill in the form below so that we can get in touch with you and discuss what profiles and skills you are looking for. Registering does not entail any obligation from your side.
Based on the information you will provide us, we will launch a recruitment campaign that will provide you with the top five profiles that best fit your needs. This comes at no cost for your company. Once you have made your selection, we will also take care of the onboarding of your talents and make sure they obtain their visa, work and residence permits.
MATCH in practice – an overview
Nigeria and Senegal – emerging talent pools
Click on the buttons to view the country overview.
- ► Capital: Abuja (highlighted on the map)
- ► English as national language
- ► Recipient of investments from international tech giants like Microsoft, Accenture and Google
- ► Highest number of active tech‑hubs in Africa in 2019
- ► Largest economy in Africa
- ► Capital: Dakar (highlighted on the map)
- ► French as national language
- ► An average of 200,000 new job seekers vis-à-vis an offer of 30,000 new jobs on a yearly basis
- ► One of the most developed ICT infrastructure in West Africa
- ► Within the top 10 most stable democracies in Africa
- ► Promoting ambitious educational and economic reforms for a digital future (ex. This link opens in a new tabLe Sénégal Numérique)
- ► One of the fastest growing economies in Africa
Get to know MATCH more – our thematic webinars
Click on the buttons to watch our webinars.
MATCH and COVID‑19
The implementation of the MATCH project will fully comply with each country’s domestic regulations concerning the COVID‑19 pandemic. The volume of recruitments foreseen in the project will be adjusted to the actual needs of companies that will still be experiencing shortages in the post-pandemic context. Additionally, there will be no physical recruitments of young talents while mobility restrictions linked to COVID‑19 pandemic still apply. Furthermore, depending on needs of the companies, remote working arrangements will be set up in order to lay the foundation for a collaboration benefitting the company and the worker.
This project supports the implementation of the following Sustainable Development Goals
Implemented in partnership with:
This project is funded by the European Union's Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund