The objective of the CoP project is to inspire the Belgian police force, to contribute to the eradication of all forms of racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance and discrimination within the Belgian Police force and by the Belgian police towards migrant communities.
To attain its general objective, the project will focus on the following four specific objectives:
- Improve the police’s Human Resources policy and processes to increase migrant representation in the police corps and retain police officers with a migration background.
- Improve the quality of the existing complaint mechanisms to increase their accessibility to victims of racists and xenophobic acts and efficacy in addressing acts of racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance.
- Improve community policing and trust between migrant communities and the police to reduce racial bias, xenophobia and intolerance.
- Facilitate transnational exchange among stakeholders on local, national and European levels to contribute to the eradication of all forms of racism, xenophobia and intolerance in police forces in the EU.
The project is funded by the European Union’s Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme (2014-2020)
Partnerships & Stakeholders
- CoP is implemented in partnership with:
The following stakeholders will also be involved:
First Newsletter COP
After 6 months since the start of the CoP-project, the project team has launched its first edition of the COP Newsletter. In this newsletter you will find project updates, upcoming activities and events, an interview with one of our project partners, and more.
If you would like to be on the subscription emailing list for the newsletter, please send email@example.com a message with the subject 'subscription newsletter'.
Let us know what you think of our first edition! You can find the newsletter in 3 languages below.