In Luxembourg, IOM is currently implementing an Assisted Voluntary Return project from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg supporting the following target group:
- the EU citizen and
- the third country nationals having a residence permit in another EU country (or a country that is associated to the Schengen area),
wishing to return home voluntarily but who are lacking the means to travel back to their countries of origin or country of residence in EU.
Depending on the individual needs and opportunities available in the country of origin, through this project, the following services will be provided to the beneficiaries:
- Information on the criteria to access the AVR EU citizens program
- Information on the country of origin (health care, housing, education, employment, economic situation, transportation, telecommunications etc.)
- Assistance in obtaining a valid travel document
- Assistance in the transportation (upon departure, transit and arrival) from the airport of Luxembourg to the migrant’s hometown in the country of origin
- Customized medical and/or administrative support in the country of origin when necessary
For additional information, contact Ms. Viviane Van Hoeck at email@example.com or +352 621 401 823 / +32 (0)2 287 74 27.
IOM office in Luxembourg (upon appointement): Rue de la Fonderie 13, 1531 Luxembourg.
This project is supported by: